Respect Ambitious Bold
for all in aspirations in actions
“…with God all things are possible.” Matthew (19:26)
We are a welcoming and caring Christian school where everyone can learn and grow as part of God’s family.
At St George’s we believe that our school provides the foundation and opportunities for all children to become well rounded and capable individual members of a society which is continually evolving and developing.
When children leave St. George’s, we want them to be equipped with the skills to be independent learners and thinkers with a range of skills and talents that enable them to succeed at the next stage of their education journey and in life. By the time learners have left, they will have mastered a range of both procedural knowledge (skills) and factual knowledge. Our curriculum is customised to meet the local needs of our learners.
We can only do this, by providing an environment for learning in which all children are able to maximise their potential academically, socially, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
At St George’s our aims are:-
- To provide a Christian education where children learn the love of God, and to have respect and dignity for other faiths, beliefs and cultures.
- To provide an environment in which the dignity of every child is recognised and developed; and to provide the full potential of each child through a curriculum which develops spiritual, academic, social and emotional growth guided through our vision of ‘Respectful to all, Ambitious in aspirations, Bold in actions.’
- To provide a curriculum that is rich and challenging, where children experience the opportunity to learn in a wide range of contexts.
- To provide a sequential curriculum that builds on prior learning which enriches and challenges children and gives them the experiences and opportunities to learn in a wide range of context.
- To develop active citizens who are able to positively contribute to fundamentals of British values and equality for all.
Our principles for Teaching and Learning:-
- The school has developed a text rich curriculum with overviews for each year group.
- All children are entitled to be engaged in their learning and to be active learners; discovering and finding out.
- All children are entitled to understand and communicate effectively what they have achieved and know what to do to make progress.
- All children are entitled to be independent, enthusiastic and self-motivated learners; raising their own questions.
- All children are entitled to time to evaluate and reflect on their learning.
- All children are entitled to have their different learning styles recognised.
- All children are entitled to teaching that inspires their learning.
- All children are entitled to teaching that encourages them to be creative.
- All children are entitled to be challenged and enjoy learning, as well as encouraging problem solving.
- All children are entitled to develop spiritually, morally and as members of their community and the wider community.
Devised and last reviewed January 2022